Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will you put a personalized license plate on your 2020 Roadster ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have never had a personalized license plate before but I am now contemplating on getting one for this special car. Now the hard part is to pick a good one that has not been taken yet.

Will you put a personalized license plate on your 2020 Roadster ?

• Funny
Reactions: Plug Life
In California...yes good luck finding one that you like and hasn't been taken. Prepare to spend a lot of time playing with drop down lists on the dmv page.

To answer your question, never had a vanity plate...considering it for my S but think I'd do it for a roadster.
In Colorado, we have to MAIL in a form with up to five possibilities. They will check until they find the first one available and then they stop checking and notify you which one you can get. You can reserve the plate for $50 and then wait up to a year (or even sometimes longer) before you actually have to pick up the plate.

When I tried the first time, I think choice #5 was available. I thought of some other possibilities and I think #1 was available on that form so I ended up getting it.

The Roadster will definitely get a personalized plate. :D

My P100D has "ROADRUNR" as license plate because it was the fastest accelerating car at the time (meep meep). With the roadster I might have to switch plates :-D (If I can get enough referrals to get enough discount to be able to afford it)

Yes.
out.JPG

Need to order it now

• Funny
Reactions: hill and aikisteve
Absolutely, but it's not what you think. When I was contemplating getting a Roadster 2.5, my final decision was to help me not get too puffed up driving a cool car, and do some good with it. So I found a Bible verse that fit the car, created cards I hand out that explain the verse and offer a standing invitation, and then had the license plate state the verse. I did the same with my P85DL and Model K (Model S for Kids), but with different verses for each. I may reuse my original tag since I sold the Roadster and it still fits, but even better with the new Roadster.