Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will you still feel the same about Tesla after the Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Introduction of the Model 3 has some clear, tangible benefits for Model S/X owners, including expanded Supercharging and Destination Charging networks that could not be supported for just S/X as well as less expensive batteries once S/X battery production is switched to Gigafactories. P100Ds will continue to be relatively rare if for some reason "exclusivity" is important.

From Day 1, Tesla was intended to accelerate the transition to sustainable transportation, so it was never intended to be limited to only a small group of consumers. For those who really want a high end niche brand ala Maserati or Ferrari, perhaps Lucid will be an option at some point.

my gf has a tesla s....i see a few in denver driving around and at various places we go...she went to cali for a book club meeting and 2 ladies in that small meet each had tesla s....its more common then you think. I see about as many masserati's here and jaguar f type convertibles... The tesla s to me has nice lines and is sharp yet very simple uncluttered look but isnt like a wow car to me to see or even drive in. What great is no gasoline period!...no gas stations..no oil in the car...no pipes..ect...its very clean looking/sounding and quiet driving as all cars should be. I detest harleys and the fart noises they make when running and the whole reving thing...its obnoxious and lame and rather archaic to me. I think(and this is me) a harley thats dead quiet-silent like a tesla would be cool...any cycle thats dead quiet to me is stealthy and way cooler if existed. But i think from this forum and the other tesla forum that alot of tesla owners are ego centric jerks who somehow think they are better then others and its un flattering. Just own it and drive it and be thankful you can afford it. Tesla fan bois are obnoxious.

Last edited:
I welcome them, and I'd love to see more Model Ss/Xs. I don't want to stand out when I drive by.

And it's happening too. In my neighborhood I used to cross paths with maybe 1-2 other Ss, it's almost to the point of them being so common that I can't keep count anymore.

So I welcome the Model 3, and have a reservation for one as well.

I have had my share of unusual vehicles. I prefer, other things being equal, to be anonymous. Maybe tat is why the last Ferrari I owned was painted a very ugly brown; it still was visible, but the color screamed anonymous, so I liked it. I hope Testa
s become ubiquitous!

Reactions: McRat
The Tesla brand will lose some of its current exclusivity connotation, but I don't really care. I just wanted something that looked good and didn't rely on petrol.

Elon Musk has been clear that the long term goal for Tesla was not to have an exclusive, rare car, but to be the GM or Ford of electric vehicles. The exclusivity happened because of the way he went about disrupting the market and I think some early Tesla owners are going to feel their brand is being "cheapened" by the commoners' cars, but the exclusivity was a temporary thing.

As I said above, I personally welcome the change. I think the Model S and X should come down in price and narrow the gap between the top end and moderately priced car. There are a lot of critics who have compared the interior of the S to other sedans in the same price range and found it lacking, but I think the S would stand up fine against less exclusive luxury cars like those from Lincoln and Cadillac and would be compared to them if priced in the same range as their high end.

The S is the premium brand. The 3 is the non premium brand. Whether anyone feels that the S should or should not be "premium" doesn't matter. The 3 is less than half the S, just like (according to my just now comparison) the Chevys are less than half the price of Caddys. Some of us don't feel that different springs and marshmallow seats make a car "premium", and driving my S is a better experience to me than driving a Caddy. Whatever. We're talking opinions, aren't we.

What interests me is how many people want to speculate how the 3 will be so much more for the money. Must has said it will not be. It is the least expensive Tesla, and will look like a very less expensive sort of looking like an S.