TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Willing to Sell Model S

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by banam, Dec 13, 2012.

1. banam

banam Member

I am taking delivery of my Model S this week. Model S is Black w/ black leather interior, 85KW battery, technology package, active air suspension, and lacewood decor. Serious offers only please, you can PM me or comment on this post.

2. hvb

hvb Member

If you don't mind my asking, why are you selling?

3. abasile

abasile Independent Software Eng.

San Bernardino Mts., CA (Elev. 6100' / 1800m)
    He wants to make a quick buck by "flipping" a car... :-(

4. banam

banam Member

Wrong....I haven't been able to sell my roadster and my wife won't let me keep both. I would much prefer to sell my roadster, which I have listed in a different post. If I sell that, I'm most certainly keeping the S.

5. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Even if he did, its absolutely his right to do so.

6. lgagliardi

lgagliardi Member

That is why I did not purchase the roadster when it came out. Not my wife but I did not want to spend big twice. I would spend big twice for two bigger Tesla's though. If someone makes money selling the car I have no issue with that BUT if you received it and drove it, I feel it would be much, much harder to sell. It is absolutely fantastic!

7. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

You could sell your wife.

(ducking and running):scared:

8. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

> I haven't been able to sell my roadster and my wife won't let me keep both. [banam]

I feel your quandary, just substitute 'right brain' for 'wife'. Or should it be 'left brain'. :confused:
    --

9. Norbert

Norbert TSLA will win

Perhaps you already thought of that, but doesn't Tesla take Roadsters for trade-in? I think that's been done already.

10. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Tesla will buy your car. It's just a matter of how much...

11. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

#11 Al Sherman, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
    Will you take an offer of exactly what you paid for it if I come and get it?

12. banam

banam Member

That is true Telsa will take the car back, unfortunately the trade in value is ~ $20,000 below what I owe after making payments the last 19 months, a very salty number, hence, I'm trying to recoup more on the secondary market for the Roadster if possible.

13. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

There is a fellow, Alex I think looking for a Model S. He'll buy it for $130,000 so you could make a quick buck.

14. banam

banam Member

No, I appreciate the offer but it would be much less headache to let Tesla defer my delivery, which they will do, and give me time to sell my Roadster. I will only sell for a profit so I can pay down my roadster some and get back in line for a Model S. Getting the S is my ultimate goal, the Roadster isn't practical for my family unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

I appreciate the thought but I contacted him and he only wants a performance model. Good idea though, he was offering a very fair price.

15. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

If Tesla has notified you that your car is ready for delivery next week, you only have 30 days to accept it or lose your deposit. As a Roadster owner they might give you a bit of leeway though. Hope it works out one way or another.