Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Willing to Wait (How Long)??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reserved on March 31st, and just accepted a job in Boston.....

so now instead of a 40 mile round trip daily commute, I'll be down to around 8 miles, since I'll be riding the commuter train (unless Boston comes up with an affordable parking alternative....although, even with AP driving, the train is quicker.)

I'm willing to wait because now my Audi will have less miles on it (and hold value) to replenish my bank account with.

And I'll be in the enviable position where my electricity costs for the car will be under $10/month.

I may just have to range charge on Fridays, so the wife and I can travel and get my money's worth out of it.

My problem is, I'll need a car by early 2018 at the latest so I'm not in the club who can wait three years. I like the technology of the M3 but don't really care about the global warming crap so I don't care if I buy an ICE vehicle, but I really like the M3 and hope to make the early cut for delivery. :mad:

Get a motorcycle as a stop-gap vehicle.

I'll wait as long as is needed--in the meantime, I'm driving a VanPool for commuting which will only make me appreciate the M3 more when the time comes.

I am so into it that i have to wait until it arrives. I cant imagine that there are other compelling (from another manufacturer) cars before the year 2025. If my cars dies before the Model 3 arrives i would have do do a very short leasing of a very cheap car as i am not willing to spend any more money on ice cars!

I am so into it that i have to wait until it arrives. I cant imagine that there are other compelling (from another manufacturer) cars before the year 2025. If my cars dies before the Model 3 arrives i would have do do a very short leasing of a very cheap car as i am not willing to spend any more money on ice cars!

There will likely be other M3 ish cars well before 2025. The first shots fired by Audi and Mercedes will be high end, but after that they will move to mid price cars. Toyota will probably give up and build a good long range EV well before 2025 too.

As a current Ford owner, I cannot advocate such a purchase. Although it's a few years old, my mustang is by far the worst car I've ever owned.

If you don't have a payment, just keep driving what you have.
I said lease such a vehicle. I used to own a SVT Cobra back in the older days and wouldn't mind owning another Mustang. The problem is that they have gotten very expensive. I never thought Mustang GT's would be pushing $45k+.

When I reserved I was expecting production delays and the old production schedule. I thought I might not get the car until 2019 and I was ok with that.

I had been saving to buy a car this year but decided to wait once I heard about the Model 3 reveal. Only problem is I'm not sure my current car is going to make it another 2 years.

I said lease such a vehicle. I used to own a SVT Cobra back in the older days and wouldn't mind owning another Mustang. The problem is that they have gotten very expensive. I never thought Mustang GT's would be pushing $45k+.
I say this a lot, but leasing is generally a bad idea unless you want to and can easily afford leasing a new car every 3 years. Picking up a used Model S is a way better idea.