Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Win a Tesla (Canadian Residents Only)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Entered this a while ago. The draw is in Toronto, so I assume the car is there as well. If I win, I will ask them to save the money on the delivery and pay for my plane ticket out, and I will do a road trip back to Vancouver with it (assuming supercharger enabled). 60KWh version likely means I will need to charge to 100% at some locations to make the distance to the next one though. Would be happy to do a photo journal for their magazine even.

I doubt it, but if there is enough value on it for a trade in, plus a trade in on my current Kia Sportage, I would love to get a new 70D (don't want much extra on it other than auto pilot).

Sun Country Highway has installed a bunch of high powered Level II chargers in and around Sask. You can easily drive to all kinds of places, it will just take a bit longer. I've been all over Ontario and Quebec in my roadster, which can't Supercharge.

Unfortunately winning a Tesla for me would be great, it's also impractical. No Superchargers within 500 kilometres of SK. I take roadtrips to visit the folks, so driving in what amounts to a city only vehicle isn't practical.

Sun Country Highway is your only option in SK. Thankfully some of the new ones are 80A (as fast as Tesla HPWCs). Such as North Battleford.

How far is the drive to visit the folks? And can you plug in while you're there? If you stay the weekend even a 110V outlet will make a big difference (except in winter).

It's a bit ridiculous to call a Tesla a city only vehicle. Perhaps you aren't familiar with the EV range of every other EV on the market? I would say the 85 kWh version would be better living in SK as it provides greater range. But there are lots of chargers, just none of them crazy fast with the Tesla logo on top.

Sun Country Highway is your only option in SK. Thankfully some of the new ones are 80A (as fast as Tesla HPWCs). Such as North Battleford.

How far is the drive to visit the folks? And can you plug in while you're there? If you stay the weekend even a 110V outlet will make a big difference (except in winter).

It's a bit ridiculous to call a Tesla a city only vehicle. Perhaps you aren't familiar with the EV range of every other EV on the market? I would say the 85 kWh version would be better living in SK as it provides greater range. But there are lots of chargers, just none of them crazy fast with the Tesla logo on top.
The one that's in the Win a Tesla contest is a used 60KWh. No idea if it has supercharger enabled or not.

My nearest relative is at the far end of MN. Normally takes me 2 days to drive there. There are no superchargers in SK, ND, or MN. So drive a couple of hours, spend a few hours at a Sun Country Highway charger is not a viable option. Especially if the Tesla only has one charger.

Not only are there no superchargers in SK, if you look at the map there are no PLANS to build any supercharger. SK is a big black hole.

Last edited: