Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Win For You, Win For the Environment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Climate XChange’s annual Tesla raffle is back!

We're a small Boston based non-profit with a mission to provide research, education, and advocacy tools to stakeholders across the country who are working to pass meaningful climate policy at the state and local level. In order to continue pushing forward our mission, we need your help!

Each year, we raffle off a Tesla in order to fundraise and keep our operations running, it is a great way to donate to a worthy cause and get a chance at an awesome prize, too – a custom ordered Tesla worth over $195,000, with all prize taxes paid for by us.

This is a raffle you can feel great about, it's a win-win! Enter to win today: Win a Tesla. Make a Difference. Enter the 2019–2020 Carbon Raffle.

Attachments

• website-header-v1.jpg
    website-header-v1.jpg
    592.9 KB · Views: 59
We include the tax value in the total price pool because that is the amount we are paying for the winner.
In my mind, the monetary worth of a prize is measured by its market value, not by what it costs you to procure the prize. If someone were to buy the same car you’re raffling, their payment would be much lower as the sales tax, if any, would be assessed at a much lower rate. Anyway, this is your raffle and it’s your call how to run it. I just shared my opinion.

In my mind, the monetary worth of a prize is measured by its market value, not by what it costs you to procure the prize. If someone were to buy the same car you’re raffling, their payment would be much lower as the sales tax, if any, would be assessed at a much lower rate. Anyway, this is your raffle and it’s your call how to run it. I just shared my opinion.
What's so difficult here? The winner gets a $150k car and $50k to pay the taxes on the gift. Thanks for cluttering up this poor guys thread.

Can a mod clean this up? Thanks!

Reactions: Cowby and Ampster
What's so difficult here? The winner gets a $150k car

Once again, there's no such thing. Being truthful and transparent in advertising is important to the message. The vendor's mission seemed important to me, so I felt like this was worth pointing out. I don't believe I violated any forum rules, but I've initiated a report with the mod team on my post so they can review it in case I did.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cowby and Ampster