Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wind noise after door handle replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few weeks ago, the driver's door handle broke which was replaced under warranty. Since then I have been hearing more wind noise coming from that door when driving on highways. I noticed that the driver's window glass rolls down more than the passenger side when the door is opened and does not go as high as the passenger side when closed. Are there any DIYs to fix how far up the window rolls or down? Wondering if it is worth scheduling a service appointment for them to take a look.

Try the simple regulator reset - fully open the window then press fully press the auto down button for a few seconds. Do the same for the window up (fully pull the auto up). That usually fixes problems like this.

Try the simple regulator reset - fully open the window then press fully press the auto down button for a few seconds. Do the same for the window up (fully pull the auto up). That usually fixes problems like this.
Thanks. I tried this and suggestion from the post below to reset but that didn’t help. Scheduled a mobile appointment for later this week.

Exact same issue: door handle replaced,now wind noise.

In my case, the wind noise is at the front by the small triangle glass edge. I can press on that area and reduce/stop the sound. Service appt. scheduled.

Mobile service came and moved the window around to get it within factory specs. The tech was super nice and friendly.

While I did not get a chance to test the wind noise yet, I have been receiving "window not closed" alerts since the repair. Scheduled another appointment for them to take a look. :rolleyes: