Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wind noise driver’s side 2022 M3 LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first time in a car wash it rained in the back seat. Isn’t that is a pretty simple QA check to take it through a car wash before delivery!?
Tesla service needed to remove and replace the roof glass twice before finally fixing the leak. 8 days in all (center support plug was missing).
The moment I drove it away after the service I noticed new serious wind noise from the driver side. I confirmed the issue after another car wash leak experience and then a test drive with a service tech. Now they have had it another nearly 2 weeks with no fix!
Should we be concerned that there is a structural issue, perhaps introduced by the first service visit? Can that happen with multiple roof glass removals? I have no faith that they know what they’re doing.

My first time in a car wash it rained in the back seat. Isn’t that is a pretty simple QA check to take it through a car wash before delivery!?
Tesla service needed to remove and replace the roof glass twice before finally fixing the leak. 8 days in all (center support plug was missing).
The moment I drove it away after the service I noticed new serious wind noise from the driver side. I confirmed the issue after another car wash leak experience and then a test drive with a service tech. Now they have had it another nearly 2 weeks with no fix!
Should we be concerned that there is a structural issue, perhaps introduced by the first service visit? Can that happen with multiple roof glass removals? I have no faith that they know what they’re doing.
Tesla service made the fix, and it took them 4 stabs. This included 2 complete door seal replacements and a window replacement. Final diagnosis was rear edge of front seal did not mate correctly with front edge of rear seal.
Thanks that this did not cost us, but Tesla must be paying through the nose to have techs learn on the job with their design issues.

Reactions: XPsionic
Tesla service made the fix, and it took them 4 stabs. This included 2 complete door seal replacements and a window replacement. Final diagnosis was rear edge of front seal did not mate correctly with front edge of rear seal.
Thanks that this did not cost us, but Tesla must be paying through the nose to have techs learn on the job with their design issues.
The had our car for 14 days.