TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Wind Noise - Feedback Wanted

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by mposki, Jul 11, 2015.

1. mposki

mposki Member

Have a brand new 85D and am noticing SOME wind noise from both the pano and driver's and passenger's windows at highway speeds. Took it to the Palo Alto service center where a service tech and I went on a test drive where he said that the amount of wind noise we were hearing was 'normal'. Do others hear noticeable wind noise at 70mph+ or is this something that I should press the service folks on? Really a small nit on an otherwise amazing vehicle but something I need clarity on.

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The SC adjusted the small triangle windows on my S85 when it was new and haven't had any wind noise since.

3. mposki

mposki Member

As in ZERO wind sound when driving highway speed?

4. smilepak

smilepak Member

The noise vary on pano open. 75% seems to work best

5. mposki

mposki Member

This is with a closed pano.

6. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

If there is any wind noise, it's drowned out by the tire noise. On the one or two km of smooth pavement where there is almost no tire noise, I don't hear any wind noise. Try this: Put a dollar bill in between the triangle and the main window. If you can pull it out, adjustment is required.

7. mposki

mposki Member

Just did that test and was easily able to pull the dollar. Can others confirm they are not able to do that?