TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wind noise from bottom left side of windscreen - any ideas how to stop?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Monacoruss, May 15, 2019 at 1:09 AM.

1. Monacoruss

Monacoruss Member

I have noticed a noise coming from the bottom left side of the windscreen on my M3P.

It only happens when I get around 50/60 mph.

On inspection I thought it could be one of the many electric cables or the tags which are taped onto them. I have managed to pull some of the tags off and zip tied some of the cables together so to make them more fixed and hopefully not vibrate.

This didnt work.

I then thought it could be the rubber seals for the hood, so have taped these down and even put tape along the bottom of the windscreen but this didnt help either.

Its very annoying...

I made a video but I cannot upload this to the forum.

I have mentioned to Tesla service but they do not seem to concerned and I still do not have a date to take the car in.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

2. sreams

sreams Member

Your car is still under warranty. Bring it in and show them.

3. Monacoruss

Monacoruss Member

The problem is that my nearest service centre is nearly 3 hours drive away. I am in contact with them via email as I am still waiting for the rear carbon spoiler. I had hoped it would be soon to that they can then sort both items.

4. Muskol

Muskol Member

Are your mirror appliques sticking out (the triangular gloss black pieces)? Mine were redone by mobile to be more snug and out-of-wind - I feel like it improved wind noise substantially.

5. Monacoruss

Monacoruss Member

00AA36AB-CCE8-40C9-9BD0-95F56C9E6D29.jpeg

I couldn't find any gloss black triangular pieces? Am I being blind??

6. Muskol

Muskol Member

applique.jpg

Haha yes you are, the tip circled in yellow is commonly sticking out into wind.

• Like x 1
  7. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

I did get mobile service to come check it.
    He did a bunch of taping over areas and found it to be coming from the other side of the windshield. Reseating the rubber gasket under the hood fixed it.

It’s also worth pointing out that wind whistles and creaks are expressly not covered by warranty.
    So while service might come to you they could also charge.