Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wind noise from bottom left side of windscreen - any ideas how to stop?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed a noise coming from the bottom left side of the windscreen on my M3P.

It only happens when I get around 50/60 mph.

On inspection I thought it could be one of the many electric cables or the tags which are taped onto them. I have managed to pull some of the tags off and zip tied some of the cables together so to make them more fixed and hopefully not vibrate.

This didnt work.

I then thought it could be the rubber seals for the hood, so have taped these down and even put tape along the bottom of the windscreen but this didnt help either.

Its very annoying...

I made a video but I cannot upload this to the forum.

I have mentioned to Tesla service but they do not seem to concerned and I still do not have a date to take the car in.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

The problem is that my nearest service centre is nearly 3 hours drive away. I am in contact with them via email as I am still waiting for the rear carbon spoiler. I had hoped it would be soon to that they can then sort both items.

00AA36AB-CCE8-40C9-9BD0-95F56C9E6D29.jpeg

Are your mirror appliques sticking out (the triangular gloss black pieces)? Mine were redone by mobile to be more snug and out-of-wind - I feel like it improved wind noise substantially.

I couldn't find any gloss black triangular pieces? Am I being blind??

I did get mobile service to come check it.
He did a bunch of taping over areas and found it to be coming from the other side of the windshield. Reseating the rubber gasket under the hood fixed it.

It’s also worth pointing out that wind whistles and creaks are expressly not covered by warranty.
So while service might come to you they could also charge.