Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wind Noise - Front Trim pieces loose and wipers not parking correctly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just had my windshield replaced by Tesla.
The new windshield looks good, aligned nicely etc. But once I drove it away I immediately noticed two things.

1) Wind noise was drastically higher than before

2) The wipers are not parking correctly. With one seemingly being too high.

The wipers themselves I think I can fix myself as there is an easily accessible bolt to adjust the wiper angle. They currently look like this:

1650648374095.png

The wiper on the left in this photo seems to be fine but the one on the right is clearly too high.

Before I do anything though, I wanted to check are those small plastic pieces on the side of the windscreen loose on anyone else's car?
Mine no longer touch the trim, and I think that this could definitely be contributing to the wind noise (though I'm sure the majority of it is due to the wiper position).

Could anyone post a couple pics of the area shown below at the corner of the windshield on their car?

1650648604626.jpeg
1650648622124.jpeg

Can anyone provide feedback on what these pieces are currently like on their car?
Are they adhered to the trim, against it firmly, against it but loose etc?

I'll probably go ahead and adjust the wipers myself but honestly I'm pretty annoyed about these trim pieces if anything just for aesthetic reasons

Last edited:
Well I tried to realign the wipers myself today. Jesus Christ I don't know what they've done but it simply will not come off.

Got the nut undone and the service manual says that's all you need to do to remove it but I can't pull any harder without risking breaking something I don't think.

Going to have to take it back to service centre literally just to get my wipers realigned fml

That looks completely borked, I would be pretty pissed. Did you notice the wiper position when you picked up the car? I would not have left the service center until it looked right.
Unfortunately they only finished it just before end of day Friday. So by the time I got there the service centre was closed and wouldn't open til Monday.

They've said I can take it in today and they'll sort it.
I've also since noticed that during my HVAC replacement they mounted the steering column at an angle....

Hopefully can get these addressed today. I'm getting pretty frustrated. Every time I take it in it seems it leaves with new problems.
20220424_170846.jpg20220424_170823.jpg20220424_170806.jpg