Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wind noise in Interstate or speed over 60 mph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am noticing wind noise from the drivers side, perhaps rear of the car occasionally. Not sure if this is normal?
When I looked at the rear door alignment, it seems to be slightly off. When I took delivery the rear door panel was lose and they fixed it. Could the door alignment cause wind noise at high speeds [like above 60] ?
Thanks.

I'd imagine there's a few different reasons, whether it's door, seal, alignment, or window seal. I'd try to isolate the cause with someone helping. I don't think slightly misaligned doors would be the cause before windows or seals. Luckily I have no wind noise, just some rattle I have yet to isolate.

Reactions: Rocdude
My car has been very quiet, but today I noticed some wind noise. Turns out that for some reason the drivers window didn't roll all the way up; it was leaving a very small gap. Took me three tries to get it to close completely (it would go all the way up then drop back down just a bit.) If it happens again I'll do the window calibration thing.

May not be your issue, but thought I would mention it since others have reported similar issues with their windows.

My car has been very quiet, but today I noticed some wind noise. Turns out that for some reason the drivers window didn't roll all the way up; it was leaving a very small gap. Took me three tries to get it to close completely (it would go all the way up then drop back down just a bit.) If it happens again I'll do the window calibration thing.

May not be your issue, but thought I would mention it since others have reported similar issues with their windows.
I tried to close all windows when I heard the noise thinking the window had rolled own. But despite that I had the noise. The strange thing is, it is intermittent.

I should try the window calibration. How do I do it?

Thanks.

I tried to close all windows when I heard the noise thinking the window had rolled own. But despite that I had the noise. The strange thing is, it is intermittent.

I should try the window calibration. How do I do it?

Thanks.

From the owner's manual:

In the unlikely event that a window behaves
unexpectedly (touches the bright molding, fails to open
or close properly, goes down more than normal when
the door opens, etc.), you can calibrate it to potentially
fix the issue.
To calibrate a window:
1. Close the door with the affected window.
2. Sit in the driver's seat and close the driver door.
3. Use the driver window switch to raise the affected
window until it stalls.
4. Use the driver window switch to lower the affected
window until it stalls.
5. Use the driver window switch to raise the affected
window until it stalls.
The window should now be calibrated. If the issue
continues after attempting the calibration procedure a
couple times, contact Tesla.

From the owner's manual:

In the unlikely event that a window behaves
unexpectedly (touches the bright molding, fails to open
or close properly, goes down more than normal when
the door opens, etc.), you can calibrate it to potentially
fix the issue.
To calibrate a window:
1. Close the door with the affected window.
2. Sit in the driver's seat and close the driver door.
3. Use the driver window switch to raise the affected
window until it stalls.
4. Use the driver window switch to lower the affected
window until it stalls.
5. Use the driver window switch to raise the affected
window until it stalls.
The window should now be calibrated. If the issue
continues after attempting the calibration procedure a
couple times, contact Tesla.
Thanks.