Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wind Noise on Model S 2018 Full Glass Roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As many have posted before me, I too have severe wind noise (at over 60mph) on my Model S 75D that seems to emanate from drivers side of top left windshield corner where it meets the glass roof. Had I discovered this issue, i.e., test driving the actual car you get; I would have rejected and not taken delivery. That option is only available "after" you take delivery of the car, i.e., own the car. What recourse does one have then?

Does this issue not fall within the scope of the "Lemon Law" ? Replace the car or refund the purchase price if not fixed after 3 attempts. I don't think this problem is solvable without design change and rigorous wind tunnel testing. The gap between windshield and glass roof is too wide and deep. I have compared that to Mercedes, Lexus models where the gap is much narrow (even though the roof was metal).

This design is a manufacturing nightmare! A good looking rubber gasket designed to fill the gap would be lot more effective and possibly reduce cost by relaxing the tight specifications on mating parts. This is based on my manufacturing engineering career of over 30 years.

I had this happen to me as well; also have heard about this happening to others; I took it have to the SC - they verified the noise and apparently there wasn't a "stuffer Tube" installed - they installed it and now I don't have those issues.