Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wind Noise Reduction Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Upvote 0
I don't know how effective the kits are since I think the Model S is quiet. I have heard more complaints about the Model 3. But below is one kit that I found.

Thank you very much. I appreciate your assistance.

Upvote 0
fortunate for me I don’t have any wind noise from the windows. However I do have windshield noise. I filled in the gap between the windshield and the glass roof and it made a noticeable difference. I got the rubber tubing seal off Amazon.
I also used the model 3 noise kit. I can’t tell if it made a difference.

Upvote 0
Reviving - after driving a new refresh S, I'm finding that the new car does not have very good door seals, causing some wind noise into the cabin, just like my 17 S. When I took delivery of my car in December of 2020, the first thing I noticed was considerable noise across the windshield somewhere when driving the car home on the PA turnpike from Tesla. My previous car was a 2014 Cadillac ELR that had Bose active noise cancellation, and it was tomb like. So I decided to do some trouble shooting by applying painters tape to all areas where wind was coming in.

20210517_120332.jpg

20210517_120408.jpg

20210517_120320.jpg

I got into the car via the trunk, and took the car for a long fast ride, got some funny looks, but it was dead silent, the way it should be. I did purchase the wind noise reduction kit from RPM - the one that goes in the channel above the windshield, and that did work to quash the vortex noise from that area. Tesla did replace both front door seals after I found a bunch of foam stuffed into them after a previous attempt to knock that wind noise down.
20210502_123328.jpg

Can anyone suggest a source for a noise reduction kit for a Model S? Can I use a 10 piece kit for a 4 or a Y? There seems to be nothing available for the S. If I had the time, I'd Dynamat the car. Thanks.

Upvote 0