Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wind noise: whistling sound (vido)

Ravire

Feb 13, 2020
Orange County
Can’t really tell from a video would need more details but the problematic areas for whistling I would check first would be the windows. They could be tilted too far out or in or too high or too low which would create an air gap.

dmurphy

Woof.
Dec 7, 2018
New Jersey - Morris County
Have you experienced this whistle sound before? Speed was between 70 - 75.
If so, where was problem area and what was remedy that worked for you?

Link for the video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qaq2LmjcFGo1hj1JA

If I take to Tesla, will they find out cause and fix it?

I’ve got the same whistle - been there since day one.

I’ve taken it in twice but both times the car didn’t do it while I was there! It doesn’t whistle when the car’s wet from rain, and both times were just cases of bad luck. The staff were great about it but if it doesn’t whistle, not much they can do with it.

I’ve pretty much given up - it’s a minor thing and doesn’t really bug me. But I think it’s coming from my side mirror. It’s not the windows as the whistle is still present with the windows rolled all the way down.

Silicon Desert

Oct 1, 2018
Sparks Nevada / GF 1
hmmm, sounds like the same sounds we heard during a test drive over 2 years ago. It was the road noise that eventually had the wife to say she is not want to buy the car. I would have hoped it to be cured by now.

Firedog7881

Oct 20, 2018
Tampa, FL
Sounds like a window seal, there might be a tiny hole/gap in your windshield seal and when at that speed it causes just enough air pressure open the tiny gap

KenC

Sep 4, 2018
Maine
Something is sticking into the windflow, could be a corner of the roof glass isn't flush with the windshield, could be the A-pillar hole needs to be filled, could be the mirror triangle isn't flush to the side windows, etc. You need to start taping things in order to isolate the location. Tesla can investigate it for you, but it may help if you already know the source of the noise.

VT_EE

Apr 22, 2017
Maryland
hmmm, sounds like the same sounds we heard during a test drive over 2 years ago. It was the road noise that eventually had the wife to say she is not want to buy the car. I would have hoped it to be cured by now.
I had the exact same thing on the driver's side. SC replaced the triangle seal and all is better.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC