Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wind noise: whistling sound (vido)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can’t really tell from a video would need more details but the problematic areas for whistling I would check first would be the windows. They could be tilted too far out or in or too high or too low which would create an air gap.

Have you experienced this whistle sound before? Speed was between 70 - 75.
If so, where was problem area and what was remedy that worked for you?

Link for the video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qaq2LmjcFGo1hj1JA

If I take to Tesla, will they find out cause and fix it?

I’ve got the same whistle - been there since day one.

I’ve taken it in twice but both times the car didn’t do it while I was there! It doesn’t whistle when the car’s wet from rain, and both times were just cases of bad luck. The staff were great about it but if it doesn’t whistle, not much they can do with it.

I’ve pretty much given up - it’s a minor thing and doesn’t really bug me. But I think it’s coming from my side mirror. It’s not the windows as the whistle is still present with the windows rolled all the way down.

Something is sticking into the windflow, could be a corner of the roof glass isn't flush with the windshield, could be the A-pillar hole needs to be filled, could be the mirror triangle isn't flush to the side windows, etc. You need to start taping things in order to isolate the location. Tesla can investigate it for you, but it may help if you already know the source of the noise.

Have you experienced this whistle sound before? Speed was between 70 - 75.
If so, where was problem area and what was remedy that worked for you?

Link for the video: New video by Gilbert S. Han

If I take to Tesla, will they find out cause and fix it?
I have the same problem with my model Y. How did you fix it, what did the service center do? I have tried taping the A pillar and also the edge of the windshield cowl but still have the wind noise. I also did a service visit and they could not fix it, very much have the same issue

I have the same problem with my model Y. How did you fix it, what did the service center do? I have tried taping the A pillar and also the edge of the windshield cowl but still have the wind noise. I also did a service visit and they could not fix it, very much have the same issue
AAAAAAAH. I have the same sound. It sounds like we have the *same* issue potentially. Tesla has left me high and dry over the last few years so now Im pretty much on my own to fix this. This is my wind noise that I KEEP sending in to Tesla iCloud Only really seems to happen when the wipers are both *on* and in the raised resting position on the windshield. No idea what the issue is, but Im going to be driving around with masking tape just masking off anything and everything that I can think of. There's a little piece of plastic that sits over a frunk hinge. Moving that seems to help with the issue but absolutely does not resolve it.