Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wind Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That makes some sense. I keep reading this info about how noisy the wind is in the M3. I have yet to notice this. Tire noise yes, I hear some of that. But when I crack the window I can tell it is SO MUCH louder out there than in here. But I really don't hear wind noise.

In fact, I was driving back from LA recently in that torrent, I didn't even know there was a storm outside. I literally thought the steering not being completely smooth was an issue with the freshly installed 18.16.2. Finally saw sand blowing across the highway and realized how crazy windy it was. I could NEVER have done as good a job keeping the car in the center of the lane with that going on outside.

-Randy

My dad has VIN 115XX and his is more quiet than mine VIN 29XX but my cousin has VIN 69XX and his is the quietest in terms of wind noise of the group. Seems like there is still some variability but both later VIN'S are quieter than my car.

About when were those delivered?

I didn't think my friend's early Jan delivery car had much wind noise.

That makes some sense. I keep reading this info about how noisy the wind is in the M3. I have yet to notice this. Tire noise yes, I hear some of that. But when I crack the window I can tell it is SO MUCH louder out there than in here. But I really don't hear wind noise.

One thing to consider is that people will have differing experiences based on their hearing ability. I, for one, have certainly lost some amount of high-frequency hearing (a few too many loud parties at Burning Man, methinks), so I suspect I won't be as sensitive to those who were smart enough to proactively protect their hearing :)

My car's VIN is in the 17K range, almost 18K and was made in April of this year and still has significant wind and road noise. While a thicker glass windshield might help a little, I doubt if it would make that much difference. Every SC says they have never heard of this being an issue despite the numerous threads on the subject.