Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

wind whistling sound from driver side window.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello:
I just received the new 2021 SR+ last week. Everything seems fine just one annoy whistling sound when speed above 50mile and higher the worse. If I slightly lower the window (still let it close) the sound is gone and the whole cabin is much quiet. It only happen on the driver side. Does anyone have similar issue? I'm wondering it's worth to call service but it's really bother you when driving.
thank you

Hello:
I just received the new 2021 SR+ last week. Everything seems fine just one annoy whistling sound when speed above 50mile and higher the worse. If I slightly lower the window (still let it close) the sound is gone and the whole cabin is much quiet. It only happen on the driver side. Does anyone have similar issue? I'm wondering it's worth to call service but it's really bother you when driving.
thank you
Just picked up mine this evening and I have a whistle from the passenger’s side at around 30 mph. It was dark when I got home so I’ll look in the morning for anything obvious. If not, I'll report it for them to look at.

I discovered that the sound system easily compensates for the whistle!

Interested to hear others' feedback.

Just want to update:
I decided to call service. SA came today and fixed the issue by insert more foam into the seal rubber (check the image red circled area)
I was told the rubber is not firm enough to isolate the wind out. Will see if this fix later on.

thanks guys

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20201215165043.png
    WeChat Image_20201215165043.png
    164.8 KB · Views: 432
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC and Pemple
I have the exact same issue. But the whistling begins as soon as the vehicle hits above 10-20 mph. I picked my M3 up on 11/19/21 but didn't notice it until the following day because I was jamming the audio system... lol! I scheduled a service and was surprised that one of the options is Wind Noise. This makes me think this is a common issue if it's a preset option of possible issues/concerns. I'm going to try the fixes noted in the thread to see if I can get some relief until my appointment on 12/08.