Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wind with the top off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find that when I drive with the top off, the wind coming off the top of the windshield - especially at each corner of the windshield - is not deflected high or wide enough to clear the roll bar. This causes a lot of wind to deflect off of the rear roll bar and into the cabin. I found that while driving, if I used my hand to "extend" the top left corner of the windshield, the wind buffeting was reduced substantially. So, what I was wondering was how hard would it be to create a "windshield top spoiler" (similar to the one found on the latest Mercedes convertible - http://youtu.be/K1ipo8xDV8s ) that could be installed when the soft top is removed and would deflect the air higher and wider to clear the rear roll bar. Has anyone thought of this before? I was thinking that one of the fins from the hood would be about the right size and shape if it could be secured to the top of the windshield.

Thoughts?

sounds like an opportunity for an after-sales carbon fibre component :) But not sure if it could just be supported along the top edge of the windshield. Might need a narrow and thin central strip which extends back to connect at the top of the roll bar.

trunk_monkey.png

trunk20monkey.jpg

page16-1003-thumb.jpg

TrunkJpg.jpg

page16-1004-thumb.jpg