Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window acting glitchy after opening door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my first "issue" with my MY. After opening the driver side door from inside, the window goes down slightly as it should to allow the door to open. But then it lowers slightly and raises up to the full position so I can't close the door (it hits the trim). I have to lower the window then close the door. It's in the garage so I just left the window open for now. Searching owners manual and forum but can't find a reset/fix option. Anyone else had and solved this issue before I make a service call?

So my first "issue" with my MY. After opening the driver side door from inside, the window goes down slightly as it should to allow the door to open. But then it lowers slightly and raises up to the full position so I can't close the door (it hits the trim). I have to lower the window then close the door. It's in the garage so I just left the window open for now. Searching owners manual and forum but can't find a reset/fix option. Anyone else had and solved this issue before I make a service call?
Look in the Index in the Owner's Manual - under the "W"'s - "windows, calibrating"

Tried calibrating window and a soft reboot. No luck so I called support, they walked me through a hard reboot. Looks like it is a door sensor issue because the display shows the door is closed even though it is open. Service call scheduled...