Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window behavior when closing doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
J

jomas_NEmyp

Just the other day I noticed behavior that I don’t ever remember, and I’m wondering if it was after the recent update for the “recall” about windows closing on fingers. When I close the doors, the windows roll up as usual. But then about a second later they roll back down slightly. Anyone else have this? It’s all four doors, and I just washed the car and didn’t notice any water getting through so I suppose it’s fine for now. Just wondering if I should open a ticket in the app for a software push to try and address it? Thanks!

Here’s this and another issue I’m having…

Because the windows might freeze to the door seals. When you open the door, the window needs to lower so it doesn't hit the chrome (or dark) top trim... If it's frozen to the seal, it won't have time to lower when you open the door and it will scratch the trim or worse. It happened to many people in the first winter and they adjusted afterwards.
Any
Because the windows might freeze to the door seals. When you open the door, the window needs to lower so it doesn't hit the chrome (or dark) top trim... If it's frozen to the seal, it won't have time to lower when you open the door and it will scratch the trim or worse. It happened to many people in the first winter and they adjusted afterwards.
Any idea why only the right rear window would drop slightly? I would think they would all drop slightly. (FYI the temp is in the 40's)

Only one window doesn't make sense to me. You should try recalibrating that window.

Note that I've heard of two or three cases (in the last week) on a local Facebook group where a door window shattered when they were opening a rear door. I believe their windows were not lowered (it only happens when the car "sees" the cold temperature and is awake) and they opened the door too energetically. I believe this justifies the lowering...

Only one window doesn't make sense to me. You should try recalibrating that window.

Note that I've heard of two or three cases (in the last week) on a local Facebook group where a door window shattered when they were opening a rear door. I believe their windows were not lowered (it only happens when the car "sees" the cold temperature and is awake) and they opened the door too energetically. I believe this justifies the lowering...
Thanks. I certainly don’t need my windows to shatter. I have tried recalibrating all four but to no avail. I may call Tesla for advice. Thanks