Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window Calibration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After taking my 2019 M3P in for service, the driver window is miscalibrated. It won't close or open all the way (leaves about a 1/2" gap). The vehicle knows the window is not closed, as the app notifies me hourly "The front driver side window is now fully closed," but there is a disconnect between that information and the control loop for the window.

Here's the window position after closing the windows with the app:

IMG_9428.JPG

This is the behavior in the vehicle: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-nKcVdfx/0/1920/i-nKcVdfx-1920.mp4

I can manually get it to roll up or down farther by holding the toggle up or down, but if I go all the way up it interferes with the trim when I open the door.

I've tried this procedure numerous times: Owners Manual - Windows

Mobile service is more than a week out. Fortunately it doesn't look like there will be any rain between now and then. But in the meantime, are there any alternate suggestions to address?

I presume you tried rebooting (and also letting car sleep and wake up again)?

Note for the calibration procedure, you don't have to hold the button. You only need do it to the positions that the window stops. If you hold the button sometimes it pops back down when it reaches the top, which presumably would make the calibration procedure fail.

I presume you tried rebooting (and also letting car sleep and wake up again)?

Note for the calibration procedure, you don't have to hold the button. You only need do it to the positions that the window stops. If you hold the button sometimes it pops back down when it reaches the top, which presumably would make the calibration procedure fail.
Yes, I've tried putting it to sleep, and also this was precipitated by changing the LV battery, which is the ultimate sleep mode :).

I'll try calibrating a few more times with a more delicate touch. Thanks for the tips.