Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window clicking sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

My driver side window makes a clicking sound when being rolled down. It makes the sound all the time when the window is about to hit 2/3rds of the way going down. Before this happened, the window would pop out when rolling down. The first service visit, they said there was a loose wiring causing the popping. After fixing that, the clicking sound replaced it. The second service visit, the guy said it was debris causing the sound and cleaned the window jam but is still making the noise.

Anybody else ran into this issue and had it fixed? I have a 3rd appointment in a few weeks and would really like to get this fixed. I've been wanting to get my windows tinted but haven't because of this problem and afraid of the service center blaming the window tint for causing the problem and not wanting to touch my vehicle. I'd appreciate any input!

I had a clicking on my passanger front window, but when closing it and not rolling it down (so every time the door was closed). I mentioned it to the mobile service guy when he was replacing my frunk latch and he listened and said it was probably the window regulator and he had replaced several for the same noise. He made a note of it, told me to schedule another appointment for it (he obviously didn't have the part) and he replaced it a few weeks later and the noise is gone now.

• Informative
Reactions: croman