Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window Control Failed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have received this from Tesla Service…

Hello , this is **** from

Tesla's Service team!

Regarding the mobile app vent feature concern you are experiencing is caused by a known firmware issue.

The best thing you can do is to continue connecting your vehicle to Wi-Fi so that it can download and install new firmware updates as they come available.

Attachments

• 6D682EB5-8F58-4811-8FEE-A3B28A61FD0D.jpeg
    6D682EB5-8F58-4811-8FEE-A3B28A61FD0D.jpeg
    284.4 KB · Views: 173
I received my M3RWD last week at Bay Area , I visited sunnyvale and santa clara service centers yesterday for the same venting issue but noone can figure out for the solution yet !They pushed out for Oct 26 service appointment!
Also just updatep tesla app from iphone and then vent feature totally disappaered! So I dont know how that can be happen.They added defrost option instead of Vent.

2022 M3P, 2022.24.8, iOS app version 4.13.1. I can remotely vent and close the windows via the app.

But I don't get a confirmation to open the frunk from the app. Just hit the button and it pops. Not a major deal with a private garage, but still, for something that can't automatically close back up, you'd think there should be a confirmation. I seem to recall there used to be a confirmation for the frunk.
Super interesting.. your software is more updated than what I bet most of us are running. Just checked mine and it shows 2022.23.101.1 and same IOS app version. Any idea if you received an update in the past 7 days?

Also just updatep tesla app from iphone and then vent feature totally disappaered! So I dont know how that can be happen.They added defrost option instead of Vent.
I also deleted the Tesla App and installed it again last week. The vent option disappeared totally and is not available anywhere. The defrost button is now in its place. Same as you.

Tesla Service attended my house to replace the trim piece I had an issue with. He said there is a known bug with the 2022.23.101.1 software. An update should come but wasn’t able to provide a time frame.

He also mentioned that sometimes Tesla will change things or take things away and they don’t always bring them back. I hope that is not true for the venting windows.

Super interesting.. your software is more updated than what I bet most of us are running. Just checked mine and it shows 2022.23.101.1 and same IOS app version. Any idea if you received an update in the past 7 days?
I don't remember the exact date I got 2022.24.8, but I think it was within the past two weeks - not in the past 7 days. Previously I was on 2022.24.5.

I'm anticipating 2022.28.2 this weekend (my software selection is on "Advanced" for now) to get the Alternate Routes option for navigation.

I got my model 3 last Wednesday and same problem. Called tesla today and here is their response: in order to comply with federal registrations some windows futures have been limited. Wondering why my other model 3 which sold few days ago had all windows futures ?
Now that you mention it, Tesla did have to recall about a million cars due to the windows not properly stopping when obstructed (e.g., by someone's finger). Maybe this is the reason they disabled window features? I'm also missing the close window on lock feature as well

My theory is that it could be related to this new recall notice where windows might not stop rolling up when obstructed:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2022/RCAK-22V702-7969.pdf

Maybe the quick fix from Tesla was to disable venting until a more permanent fix can be pushed out?
Yeah, this is the full recall report:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2022/RCLRPT-22V702-4365.PDF

All vehicles produced September 13 or afterwards has the new update installed to address the window issue. This appears to coincide with recent people reporting venting and close on lock being disabled. Hopefully this is only temporary while they figure out a way to reintroduce it.

Reactions: jrmnet
I got my model 3 last Wednesday and same problem. Called tesla today and here is their response: in order to comply with federal registrations some windows futures have been limited. Wondering why my other model 3 which sold few days ago had all windows futures ?
Just rec'd my M3 RWD, same issue, totally unacceptable from Tesla, My 2019 was working fine,
Same. I traded a 2019 for the 2022. I really miss that feature.

Brought this up during my service appointment. It's a known issue with the firmware that cars ship with and "will be rectified in a future update". Guess I'll have to wait until the car picks up non-factory firmware (i.e. 2022.28.2). It's still on 2022.23.101.2.

Still stuck on the same software since delivery on Sept. 13 2022.

It hasn’t even tried to update to the 2022.24 or 2022.28 software versions.

Any idea how long it takes for the car to see an update or is there something I have to do?

My car is set to advanced updates….

Tech came today and advised although I was clear on my descriptions of which trim piece. Had the issue on the driver side.. The trim piece for the passenger side was ordered in error of Tesla. Not a big deal. A mobile appointment at my house setup for next week.

As for the app error not venting and also not able to set in the car to roll up windows when car locks.

Tech spent some time with laptop plugged into car. Wasn’t able to resolve the issue. Advised he would have to send that to the software people and see if they can fix and do over air update. (But no time line on when that is happening)

Tech advised to try uninstalling the App from my iPhone then reinstalling. I did that with him there. Logged back into my account on Apo. Now the option to vent windows is not even visible as an option to do from app. Tech said possible Tesla is aware of bug and has removed it. Also said sometimes Tesla will just take things away and they don’t come back.

We will see what happens next week.
Please keep us updated. I’m brand new and I’m stuck with defrost in Hawaii 😢