Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window Control Failed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, guys picked up my car yesterday and noticed this strange bug. When trying to vent the windows from the Tesla app, I'm getting Window control failed - unsupported window command. Wondering if anyone else has seen this?

Screenshot_20220915_101323_Tesla.jpg

I have a mobile appointment set for this Saturday for a minor issuer on the car on delivery day. I am going to ask the tech about this window thing as well when I see them.

I will update here with whatever I find out.

Also if any of you with a new car and this issue…. Have you tried Light Show in toy box? Windows are supposed to go up and down at one point but mine to not.

The lights flash… mirrors fold in and out and charge port door and trunk opens… but the windows don’t move.

Hi All Picked up my car yesterday, same error, but windows do not Automagically roll up on lock any more. I tried to reset the dash and I reset the window controlls but no Bueno. Wonder if its a software thing V2022.23.101.2
My 2021 Model 3 works just fine V2022.24.8 (Seems to be a newer than my new car,,,)

I have a mobile appointment set for this Saturday for a minor issuer on the car on delivery day. I am going to ask the tech about this window thing as well when I see them.

Also if any of you with a new car and this issue…. Have you tried Light Show in toy box? Windows are supposed to go up and down at one point but mine to not.

The lights flash… mirrors fold in and out and charge port door and trunk opens… but the windows don’t move.

Tech came today and advised although I was clear on my descriptions of which trim piece. Had the issue on the driver side.. The trim piece for the passenger side was ordered in error of Tesla. Not a big deal. A mobile appointment at my house setup for next week.

As for the app error not venting and also not able to set in the car to roll up windows when car locks.

Tech spent some time with laptop plugged into car. Wasn’t able to resolve the issue. Advised he would have to send that to the software people and see if they can fix and do over air update. (But no time line on when that is happening)

Tech advised to try uninstalling the App from my iPhone then reinstalling. I did that with him there. Logged back into my account on Apo. Now the option to vent windows is not even visible as an option to do from app. Tech said possible Tesla is aware of bug and has removed it. Also said sometimes Tesla will just take things away and they don’t come back.

We will see what happens next week.

Any update?

Tech came today and advised although I was clear on my descriptions of which trim piece. Had the issue on the driver side.. The trim piece for the passenger side was ordered in error of Tesla. Not a big deal. A mobile appointment at my house setup for next week.

As for the app error not venting and also not able to set in the car to roll up windows when car locks.

Tech spent some time with laptop plugged into car. Wasn’t able to resolve the issue. Advised he would have to send that to the software people and see if they can fix and do over air update. (But no time line on when that is happening)

Tech advised to try uninstalling the App from my iPhone then reinstalling. I did that with him there. Logged back into my account on Apo. Now the option to vent windows is not even visible as an option to do from app. Tech said possible Tesla is aware of bug and has removed it. Also said sometimes Tesla will just take things away and they don’t come back.

We will see what happens next week.
Unacceptable from Tesla.

I got my model 3 last Wednesday and same problem. Called tesla today and here is their response: in order to comply with federal registrations some windows futures have been limited. Wondering why my other model 3 which sold few days ago had all windows futures ?

2022 M3P, 2022.24.8, iOS app version 4.13.1. I can remotely vent and close the windows via the app.

But I don't get a confirmation to open the frunk from the app. Just hit the button and it pops. Not a major deal with a private garage, but still, for something that can't automatically close back up, you'd think there should be a confirmation. I seem to recall there used to be a confirmation for the frunk.