Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window Distortion in new MY LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok guys so I'm about 20 hours into taking delivery of my MSLR. This afternoon I've noticed that The corners of the front windshield have a distorted rippled look when looking in the distance. This is much more noticeable when driving. I think the front passenger window has the same issue too. Anyone had this issue? You can't really see it when the ca is parked.

Am I crazy here?

Last edited:
Well, since this is the Model S forum, The new Plaid model uses a new front glass manufacturer AGP. Sounds like you need to have them replace the glass if it is distorted. It shouldn't be that way whether others have the issue or not. You might want to check on the Y forum to see if it is fairly common. Here is the AGP info for the S.

Reactions: Marcust99
Well, since this is the Model S forum, The new Plaid model uses a new front glass manufacturer AGP. Sounds like you need to have them replace the glass if it is distorted. It shouldn't be that way whether others have the issue or not. You might want to check on the Y forum to see if it is fairly common. Here is the AGP info for the S.
Typo.. I have a new MSLR!

Reactions: DerbyDave
My glass on the Plaid has tons of distortion dips, 2 directly in line of sight.. absolutley unacceptable and they thankfully agreed and have ordered a replacement, however im not happy that my new car is already having the windshield pulled out and replaced.. takes away from the new feeling factor

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
I had Tesla mobile service out yesterday fixing my sticky door handle. I showed him the windshield and he totally
agreed it's not right. Nothing ordered yet and I have to take it in for service in 3 weeks!! to have their shop
look at it and then they will order one. So it's going to be something I need to live with for at LEAST a month. Not to
happy about that.

Also showed him the brutal overspray on the rear bumper and he agreed with that too .....

My glass on the Plaid has tons of distortion dips, 2 directly in line of sight.. absolutley unacceptable and they thankfully agreed and have ordered a replacement, however im not happy that my new car is already having the windshield pulled out and replaced.. takes away from the new feeling factor
Yep. Had mine replaced already for the same reason. Crazy we have to have this done on new cars costing this much.