TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Window doesn't roll itself back up after opening/closing the door

Discussion in 'Model S' started by eyespii, Jan 26, 2016.

1. eyespii

eyespii Member

Has anyone else experienced this before? Seems like half the time when I open/close the rear driver's side door, the window doesn't automatically roll itself up any more. If I sit there and open/close the back door repeatedly, the window just keeps rolling itself down a couple inches at a time until it's fully open. Doesn't seem to happen on any other window...

2. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

3. eyespii

eyespii Member

Thanks - I'll try resetting the Windows. I gotta say - I really love my car, but over 13k miles, I've had to bring it in for random issues seemingly every month. Rattles all over the car, broken GPS antennas, and now the window. Just noticed too that the rear hatch seems to be vibrating loose too when driving over uneven roads. Tesla is lucky that I was blessed with patience.

4. green1

green1 Active Member

Mine did this the other day, I rolled the window down and back up, and then everything worked fine. Only happened to me the once, so I haven't engaged Tesla yet, if it recurs I'll talk to them.