Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window explode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My right rear window just fell out as i was driving 70mph on the highway. The sound was very loud, like an explosion. The draft from the bus kept the window from hitting the bus. Luckily, as the window was airborne and fell to the pavement it did not strike any other vehicles. There was no glass in my backseat, but I could see where the glass broke off at the top of door.

My right rear window just fell out as i was driving 70mph on the highway. The sound was very loud, like an explosion. The draft from the bus kept the window from hitting the bus. Luckily, as the window was airborne and fell to the pavement it did not strike any other vehicles. There was no glass in my backseat, but I could see where the glass broke off at the top of door.
Wow! That's crazy...

Believe it or not, this happens to car windows on occasion.

My favorite experience of this - I’m a beat cop talking with my sergeant in a parking garage of the local jail after booking someone. We’re standing behind his SUV and the rear window just shatters. Years ago there was a shoot out in that very garage, so needless to say we were REALLY INTERESTED in what happened. It helped that there wasn’t any real noise, just a strange crunchy-pop.

I think that’s something that happens with auto glass even when it doesn’t get visibly nicked. I would HOPE it is a warranty thing, so do post the follow up.
Same damn thing happened to me!! I'm chief of police of a town on Cape Cod. Hurricane coming, outside with my lieutenant and a cop or two, getting ready. All of a sudden the passenger side rear window blew out of my (chief's car) Ford Explorer. My lieutenant immediately went into "ready to yell at the cop who did it" mode. Except, nobody was near the car when the window blew out.

Your guess is as good as mine.

Rich

• Funny
Reactions: PCTAZRichard