Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window Gap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Still haven’t done a full post delivery check just yet but noticed this huge gap between window and body on the passenger side rear. I had noticed wind noise the other day from that side but thought it was just the seal, wish it was.

Anyone any idea what in blazes is going on here. Top of window is nowhere near the seal. I’ve calibrated the rear window again, did nothing.

F5A0873C-C12D-4CD5-93AC-004561CF1DFE.jpeg

Don't worry, you're not going mad and seeing ghosts - i had the exact same issue where the rear passenger and driver window alignments were completely out of band and looked near identical to your own.

It 'SHOULD' be completely uniform with all of the 'gaps' between the B-Pillars from left driver/passenger windows and right driver/passenger windows looking completely symmetrical in spacing and alignment (which yours does not).

I got my M3 in Feb, flagged it for a service appointment (first slot 'March') which then got bumped until June due to the lockdown (not deemed a priority). In fairness however, the SC did a terrific job - completed the door/window alignment within the hour at no cost.

Book a service appointment as soon as you can as nothing better than the peace of mind knowing 'its fixed'

• Informative
Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
Hi all

Still haven’t done a full post delivery check just yet

Don't leave it too long, strictly speaking I think you have to report delivery related issues within 100 miles or 7 days, whichever comes first. Don't know how many miles you've racked up so far, and they'll probably be OK with obvious manufacturing alignment defects after that but get things inspected and logged ASAP would be my advice.

You can just pick the "something else" category in the Service section of the app and stick a list of all items in there.

It is limited to how much text you can put in, so keep things brief if you have lots to log. Also you are limited to 5 photos for upload via the app. If you more photos needed then just list all the items in text, upload what you can and then they will contact you to e-mail through photos for the other items.

• Informative
Reactions: Bootneckshuffl