Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window glitch scratched trim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday my rear passenger window glitched when opening/closing the door. Result was the window all the way up on the outside of the car - so on the silver trim. I noticed immediately and opened the door to correct but the damage had already been done. The trim is pretty scratched up (not sure about the window yet). I accepted delivery of a SR+ on June 20 2019 with nothing but problems to date.
Has anyone experienced this or similar lately? How can this even happen?

Yesterday my rear passenger window glitched when opening/closing the door. Result was the window all the way up on the outside of the car - so on the silver trim. I noticed immediately and opened the door to correct but the damage had already been done. The trim is pretty scratched up (not sure about the window yet). I accepted delivery of a SR+ on June 20 2019 with nothing but problems to date.
Has anyone experienced this or similar lately? How can this even happen?
Sounds like what has happened to people in Winter, where the frozen window didn't roll down an inch, when they closed the door. Scratched the chrome trim. I think some were able to get it replaced under warranty. Since you're in Montreal, the SC may have had some of those issues last Winter.

Sounds like what has happened to people in Winter, where the frozen window didn't roll down an inch, when they closed the door. Scratched the chrome trim. I think some were able to get it replaced under warranty. Since you're in Montreal, the SC may have had some of those issues last Winter.

Thanks. Yeah, I saw those postings. Summer is coming to an end, but it’s 26 C right now..

Happy to report that Tesla Montreal did the right thing and changed my trim under warranty. I was skeptical after they said they would “try” pass it under warranty. I did provide the date and time of the incident, and it clearly wasn’t frozen so..
All in all, I’m glad it’s back to normal.
Unfortunately my click on acceleration and deceleration is still there :(

Reactions: KenC
Sorry about your trim bro... I know the pain.

Happened to me while upgrading Puddle lights. In hindsight it was my fault so I'll have to live with it unfortunately.