Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window in closed position after opening passenger door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
Hoping someone can blow me with my problem. When I open my door (rear passenger side) the window slides down - as it should. However I soon as I let the handle go (outside) or the button inside the window slides back up. If I press the button again (inside), as long as I hold it the window stays in the lowered position. Same for the handle: if I hold the handle again the window stays in the lowered position, so I can close the door and push it in all the way.
I can’t just close the door because it would hit the frame.
Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you.
I had the same issue. Calibration didn't help. Mobile service came out and fixed... the issue was the puddle lamp on the bottom of the door had a flakey connection and needed to be replaced. It turns out that lamp is wired in series with the door open circuit. The tech found and fixed this so quickly that I assume there has been a known problem. Maybe a batch of puddle lamps were defective or installed incorrectly.

Okay, so, it was a puddle light issue. The service rep said it happens time to time. They swapped it and the door and window went back to working normal. They also said they’ll fix the chrome damage by the window. I hope this helps for people who run into this issue in the future.
how much was the charge for their technician to take a look at this specific issue? Thank you in advance because I too am having the same issue! Thanks again.