Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window issue-not auto closing after being auto opened for cold weather

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2021 MYLR. A number of times I leave the garage and once getting to 40 MPH I notice road noise. Checking I find the rear windows are cracked about 1/4 inch or so. I assume they were auto opened because overnight temperature dropped. It doesn't happen every time there is low temp overnight, so sometimes they must either close or never opened. (I do preheat the car to 68 degrees 15min before I go to the detached garage) Has anyone else noticed this? It's not a big deal, mostly curious although if there was blowing rain I may not hear the road noise and might get wet inside..

Check out this thread:

I‘m on 2022.8.2 and a reboot seemed to fix the issue of unexpected open windows.

I have a 2021 MYLR. A number of times I leave the garage and once getting to 40 MPH I notice road noise. Checking I find the rear windows are cracked about 1/4 inch or so. I assume they were auto opened because overnight temperature dropped. It doesn't happen every time there is low temp overnight, so sometimes they must either close or never opened. (I do preheat the car to 68 degrees 15min before I go to the detached garage) Has anyone else noticed this? It's not a big deal, mostly curious although if there was blowing rain I may not hear the road noise and might get wet inside..
Why would the windows open automatically when its colder outside??