Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window malfunction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
both my passenger side windows were open today when i came out to my car (about 1 inch). When i rolled them up and closed my door the window would try to close up but than would drop down a inch leaving it open again. I rolled the window all the way down and as i was trying to roll it up it would stop half way than roll all the way down... only after waiting a min i was able to roll the window all the way up again. After closing the door it finally sealed correctly. Anyone else have this problem?

both my passenger side windows were open today when i came out to my car (about 1 inch). When i rolled them up and closed my door the window would try to close up but than would drop down a inch leaving it open again. I rolled the window all the way down and as i was trying to roll it up it would stop half way than roll all the way down... only after waiting a min i was able to roll the window all the way up again. After closing the door it finally sealed correctly. Anyone else have this problem?

If calibrating windows doesn't fix it, it's time for Service Center:

Reactions: Fiveseven108
If the window recalibration procedure does not solve the issue, check the puddle lights in the doors to see if they are operating. For some reason when the light goes out, the window may do strange things.

My windows have been a nuisance since I got the car. On 2 different service visits they say they recalibrated the windows, but meanwhile the front passenger window, when open, does at times fail to close. One scenario: hold the button, the window begins closing, then when we release the button, the window re-opens. Another scenario: hold the button, and still the window will partially close then reverse itself to fully open, all while we are still holding the the button to close it.

Not to mention previously when we left and locked the car with the windows closed, and returned an hour or so later to find the window fully open. It was raining, so there's zero chance that we had the window open and forgot to close it.

I once again booked a service appointment.

Any ideas how to actually get this resolved??

My windows have been a nuisance since I got the car. On 2 different service visits they say they recalibrated the windows, but meanwhile the front passenger window, when open, does at times fail to close. One scenario: hold the button, the window begins closing, then when we release the button, the window re-opens. Another scenario: hold the button, and still the window will partially close then reverse itself to fully open, all while we are still holding the the button to close it.

Not to mention previously when we left and locked the car with the windows closed, and returned an hour or so later to find the window fully open. It was raining, so there's zero chance that we had the window open and forgot to close it.

I once again booked a service appointment.

Any ideas how to actually get this resolved??
I get this as well too…hasn’t been bothersome to a point where I want to get it serviced, I’ve opened the door (not in motion) and close the window that way… following for a fix

Reactions: sfRonH