Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window motor noise when window shuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
J on TikTok

When I close the window of my tesla model 3, it makes this robotic noise after the window shuts completely. Has anyone experienced this or know if it’s normal? It only happens with this one window.

I uploaded the video onto tiktok lol cause that was the easiest way to share it - after closing the window, I click up on the window switch to activate the motor to replicate the noise 2-3 times.

J on TikTok

When I close the window of my tesla model 3, it makes this robotic noise after the window shuts completely. Has anyone experienced this or know if it’s normal? It only happens with this one window.

I uploaded the video onto tiktok lol cause that was the easiest way to share it - after closing the window, I click up on the window switch to activate the motor to replicate the noise 2-3 times.
Have you tried the calibration procedure?
Calibrating Windows
In the unlikely event that a window behaves unexpectedly (touches the bright molding, fails to open or close properly, goes down more than normal when the door opens, etc.), you can calibrate it to potentially fix the issue.
To calibrate a window:
1. Close the door with the affected window.
2. Sit in the driver's seat and close the driver door.
3. Using the window's switch on the driver's door, raise the affected window until it stalls.
4. Using the window's switch on the driver's door, lower the affected window until it stalls.
5. Repeat step 3 and raise the affected window until it stalls.

The window should now be calibrated. If the issue continues after attempting the calibration procedure a couple times, contact Tesla.

J on TikTok

I could not find the link to the video.

Same here on a new Model 3 and sounds like the motor is under stress and hit its stop and continues to try to spin and causing the robotic like sound. Its ok on the other windows. Interesting Ebay are selling the window mechanisms as if it's a known problem. The window was squeaking so added a little silicon spray and I wonder if it might be this has caused the window mechanism to go out of alignment. Time for a service visit me thinks.