Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window not fully closed alerts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On late 2016 Model S, after the latest update, 2020.32.2, I keep getting window not fully closed alerts on my phone even though window is closed.

I went back in car to make sure, windows were closed. Alerts are from different windows too, it’s not the same every time.

anyone else with this issue?

Attachments

• D51C9C51-EE0A-4468-B064-611A73EC0C39.jpeg
    D51C9C51-EE0A-4468-B064-611A73EC0C39.jpeg
    802.3 KB · Views: 521
Yikes, I spoke too soon apparently. Haven’t had a single issue for two days. I’ve been parked with windows fully closed for 10 hours, and I just now get the notification, and it’s not even open lol. Jinxed myself big time.

98B8440B-3EC6-4E2F-9CFB-1AD2E3B7D783.jpeg

Reactions: X-pilot
Hi All,

I had a similar alert with TeslaFi that a window was open.
I determined it was the driver's side rear window...
Trying to raise the window from the driver controls did not clear the error.

From the back seat, lowering the window completely
and raising the window completely cleared the error condition.

Good luck,

Shawn
You can control the window through the app? Or did you do it with the physical buttons?

Updated yesterday to version 2020.32.3 ...and by mistake left my passenger side window half-open for the first time.
No notifications received the entire night and apparently it rained during the night .... luckily no visible water damage inside.

The place where the car was placed had a very weak signal ...maybe that could be a reason why it did not send any notifications. In europe Tesla hasn't rolled out auto window close on locking the car

Oddly, today (August 31) my car (2015 Model S, AP1) is getting alerts that the sunroof is not closed (although it is) but the phone app says it has not updated since August 25 and does not show the current software version that was installed last night (which I assume is 2020.32.3, since that is what looks to be next for AP1 cars from the firmware tracking log) -- I am too lazy to walk out to my car, which is some distance from my condo, to double-check right now. So there is enough connectivity to send me annoying/incorrect alerts, but not enough to tell the phone the other details of the car's status, including the current software version. (And yes, my MCU memory has been replaced.)