Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window opened by itself?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had a bit of a scare this morning as I got a notification while I was still in bed that the drivers window was open. So I ran to the car hoping it wasn't broken into or something. Thankfully not but it was indeed open just over half way. Anyone have any idea how this would happen? I appreciate the notifications but no one wants their windows opening on its own. Car was parked there about 11 hrs when this happened.

This also has been happening to me coincidently (?) since I got 2020.48.37.4 update. When I open and close the door, the window drops an inch or so each time. The auto close with a hard push of the button does not work either. The only (temporary) solution I have found is to roll the window down all the way then up again, and repeat. Then, it seems to work for a day or two. An identical problem occurred to me a couple years ago. I do not recall what fixed it. Perhaps a software update to fix bugs? 2016 P100D

Reactions: qman66 and hcdavis3
New Mode Y. Just now, at lunch. Passenger rear window down 4” after 30 min away. Had a large backpack in that seat. Crazy!
8525D859-6C81-45BB-8503-34BF1563CD53.jpeg
And, again 30 min later and this time nothing on rear seats.

I just had mine start lowering windows when I get in the car. This was after I was updated to 2021.4.18.2. I’ve been doing a reboot after the previous updates, but didn’t this time. Just rebooted it this afternoon, so I’ll watch and see if that took care of it. If not, i
l try calibration again and,emotion it for my upcoming service appointment.