Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window question [are the windows supposed to lower when door opened?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So when the doors on my new M3 are opened, the windows crack (sometimes...doesn't seem lilke it's all the time) and then close when the door is shut. I have searched "windows open and close" and other things on this site and on google and I've found more info on venting than I want (lol) and other weird issues but not this particular issue.

It seems as far as I can tell that it is supposed to do this but I cannot for the life of me find out why. Anyone have any insight?

Its a frameless window, and lowers so that it doesnt strike the side of the car when the door is closed. It does it each time (if it didnt, then the window would hit the side of the car). Its designed to do that in this car, so yes thats normal.

Its a frameless window, and lowers so that it doesnt strike the side of the car when the door is closed. It does it each time (if it didnt, then the window would hit the side of the car). Its designed to do that in this car, so yes thats normal.

Thanks so much! I've had frameless windows before that did not do this. But they were on a soft=top convertible so maybe there's less chance of an issue when compared to a hard-top vehicle. Appreciate the insight/education as always!