Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window rattle sometimes when closing doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, I am trying to figure out something on my 75d just delivered in Sept here. Sometimes, when doors get closed, it sounds like a there is a weird rattle to it. I don't notice it on the Driver door, but I notice it sometimes when my wife or kids close their doors. They are not being too aggressive (although I am being very gentle with my door) and sometimes it sounds like they just shut it too hard or something as there is a rattle in the window.

Now, I notice that the window comes down a bit when the door is open, and then shuts when the door is shut... I haven't been able to see on the "rattles" if perhaps the window isn't retracting and then coming up? (Is that that a thing?) This is a hard problem for me because when I notice it, it's too late to collect data on what is happening, and it happens infrequently enough that I stop being hyper aware and forget to watch it... Has anyone seen anything like this? Any ideas for collecting the proper data?

Thanks,

John