Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window roll down issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had trouble with their MX windows either not rolling down at all or being super slow with a loud squeaking sound? Almost like they are in a bind.

SC wants to replace the exterior window sills but I just had the think wrapped (with chrome delete) so i'm hesitant since they cannot guarantee it'll fix the issue.

Seems to be worse when I drive it to the beach so maybe a humidity/moisture thing?

I get it but especially on the side of the car facing the sun. They struggle to go up and sometimes stop and I have to slowly raise them. Service center said they did something but it didn't fix the problem. They wrote that they recalibrated them but the service advisor said they pressed or flexed or basically bent the opening. Wasn't too impressed and obviously didn't fix the issue.

At speed, a few times I've rolled up my driver window, and it moves all the way up but out of the guide slots (outside of slot). It only happens at 60mph or greater.

At stand-still, one FWD window sometimes starts up then backs down to original height. I had a workaround by the way I double pull the left in driver door. SC did confirm the bug, said they replaced motor, but it still happens. I will ask ranger next week who is replacing a B-pillar camera at my house.

At speed, a few times I've rolled up my driver window, and it moves all the way up but out of the guide slots (outside of slot). It only happens at 60mph or greater.

At stand-still, one FWD window sometimes starts up then backs down to original height. I had a workaround by the way I double pull the left in driver door. SC did confirm the bug, said they replaced motor, but it still happens. I will ask ranger next week who is replacing a B-pillar camera at my house.

Sound like your windows need to be “recalibrated.” There is a wiki on this subject and how to recalibrate them either on this web site or TeslaTap.com

Mike P