TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Window rolls down when rolled up?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by ryanakata, Oct 13, 2018.

1. ryanakata

ryanakata Member

My car updated to 39.7 a couple of days ago and this may be completely unrelated but now when I roll my window up on the passenger side and it gets to the top, it rolls itself about halfway down. I have to manually tap the switch to roll it up in small increments until it meets the seal and then stop or else it will roll itself back down?

I'm sure this will probably be something that has to be resolved by a ranger or a 5 hours away service center but curious if there was a quick fix such as the hold the switch down for 10 seconds to reset it. (Which didn't work by the way, nor did a reboot).

2. ngogas

ngogas Active Member

Something is getting stuck and the window sensor goes down. It’s a safety mechanism in case a finger gets caught. You can override it by pulling up the window button and holding it to bypass the safety feature.

Sounds like a job for a ranger.

3. Eno Deb

Eno Deb Active Member

You may be able to solve this by recalibrating your window: roll the window all the way down and keep the button pressed for another 5 seconds. Then roll it all the way up and keep the button pressed 5 more seconds again.

4. ryanakata

ryanakata Member

I tried that yesterday but was leaving in a hurry. I'll give it a shot again today. Thanks.

5. ryanakata

ryanakata Member

We just left on another trip and it appears it has fixed itself.

6. Avid

Avid Member

I always hate it when things fix themselves, they could just as easily unfix themselves again. :(

Understanding how things work is fundamental for me. :)