TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

WINDOW SEALS

Discussion in 'Model S' started by NGO FEAR, May 29, 2018.

1. NGO FEAR

NGO FEAR Member

Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with their window seals?
    Moisture seems to be getting through after I wash the car. my car is a March18 build.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

I've reported similar and it was supposedly addressed. I haven't washed since, but now notice more noise AND have to go back in as the rear ones are now pinched.

3. Ofarlig

Ofarlig Member

Yep, I got that. Not uncommon on frameless doors when using pressure washers.

4. bayarea_joe

bayarea_joe Member

• Like x 1
  5. JPP

JPP Active Member

Routine for me in both Model S. A bit of moisture creeps into the groove in the rubber gaskets, then evaporates and causes the fogging. No real water intrusion. Just open the doors and wipe the gaskets.

• Like x 1
  6. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

I have this car on my 15 model in taillights and Windows. I noticed it this past week when I tinted my windows and saw moisture after I washed my car in my driveway. Would the Service center actually address this? I’ll likely ask them to when I bring my car in for that recall later this year.

7. Doanster1

Doanster1 Member

Not the windows since there is no actual water intrusion. Par for the course with frameless windows.
    Tail lights it’s a maybe. I’ve read where some people said the SC stated it was “within specs” and that the water evaporates. Worth a try to ask IMO.

8. cmaster

cmaster Member

It's fine as long as the rubber gasket doesn't break. Condensation normally happens and it gets on the inside of the window a little. If you inspect the seal, it's rounded and not square. So, you would expect the condensation to build up underneath it a little.

9. KempStep

KempStep New Member

We also noticed this today, when washing our Model 3 (delivered March 24).
    There does not seem to be adequate seal to prevent water going down inside the doors.
    If after washing, you roll the window down and then up again, there will be a sheet of moisture on the glass that you have to keep wiping off.
    We rolled the windows down and up multiple times and there was still moisture.
    I called Tesla and have a service appointment setup.