Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WINDOW SEALS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with their window seals?
Moisture seems to be getting through after I wash the car. my car is a March18 build.

Attachments

• WINDOW SEAL DS PILLAR.jpg
    WINDOW SEAL DS PILLAR.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 434
Reactions: juice15e
Moisture seems to be getting through after I wash the car. my car is a March18 build.

Routine for me in both Model S. A bit of moisture creeps into the groove in the rubber gaskets, then evaporates and causes the fogging. No real water intrusion. Just open the doors and wipe the gaskets.

Reactions: Doanster1
I have this car on my 15 model in taillights and Windows. I noticed it this past week when I tinted my windows and saw moisture after I washed my car in my driveway. Would the Service center actually address this? I’ll likely ask them to when I bring my car in for that recall later this year.

Not the windows since there is no actual water intrusion. Par for the course with frameless windows.
Tail lights it’s a maybe. I’ve read where some people said the SC stated it was “within specs” and that the water evaporates. Worth a try to ask IMO.

It's fine as long as the rubber gasket doesn't break. Condensation normally happens and it gets on the inside of the window a little. If you inspect the seal, it's rounded and not square. So, you would expect the condensation to build up underneath it a little.

We also noticed this today, when washing our Model 3 (delivered March 24).
There does not seem to be adequate seal to prevent water going down inside the doors.
If after washing, you roll the window down and then up again, there will be a sheet of moisture on the glass that you have to keep wiping off.
We rolled the windows down and up multiple times and there was still moisture.
I called Tesla and have a service appointment setup.