Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window slap/rattle when closing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else noticed this? It makes kind of a slapping/short rattle sound every time we close the front doors. This does not happen on my model so I'm guessing since the windows are so much taller and they are unsupported at the top that this is unavoidable. A luxury car like this should have a solid thunk and pressurization when closing the doors. The slap/rattle makes it sound very cheap. Anyone else have this issue or a solution?

Anyone else noticed this? It makes kind of a slapping/short rattle sound every time we close the front doors. This does not happen on my model so I'm guessing since the windows are so much taller and they are unsupported at the top that this is unavoidable. A luxury car like this should have a solid thunk and pressurization when closing the doors. The slap/rattle makes it sound very cheap. Anyone else have this issue or a solution?

I had mine fixed at service center. It was loud.

I had mine fixed at service center. It was loud.

Thanks! Good to know that it can be adjusted. I'll have to add it to the relatively minor list I have since taking delivery 2 weeks ago.

1. Right front exterior door handle sticking.
2. Right side camera loose
3. Door ding noted at delivery

Other than that, It's close to perfect. Thankfully, none of the other issues that a lot of the early builds had.

My right/front door is making that noise now....it's not crazy-loud but it's definitely louder than the other doors.

I'm taking mine on for service this Friday (for Homelink and a slight rear seat alignment issue) and will have them take a look at it.

It may be that your door’s striker is improperly aligned and making contact with the latch as you close the door. The latch is designed to “take up” a slightly misaligned striker but will yield a “metal on metal” clank when closing the door. SC should be able to adjust.