Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window sticking when opening door, door won’t close without lowering window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(2022 Plaid)

Was opening my driver’s side door and noticed the window was sticking, close to where the “big window” and quarter glass part meet. It opens eventually, though you can see in the second photo, it doesn’t lower the window enough after opening to close without the window hitting the trim. Obviously am worried about damaging the glass/door. Tried recalibrating the window and wiping it down + the area where it attaches to the door, no luck.

Any ideas for what I can try to fix it? Service center appointment isn’t for 2 weeks and I still need to drive. For now, just rolling the window down any time I need to open or close the door. Can’t figure out how to attach a video, hopefully these images help a bit. Note, no damage or anything recently, just out of nowhere

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpeg
    IMG_0088.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0086.jpeg
    IMG_0086.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 59
On the Model 3/Y, if you put aftermarket puddle lights, they can cause an issue with the automatic window rolldown when opening and closing doors. Don't know if that applies to the refresh.

Did you make any changes to the lighting?