Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window tint and British Columbia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I've seen, it's illegal in British Columbia to have the windshield or front 2 windows tinted, at all!

This is a pretty stupid law in my opinion, but whatever. I'd like to tint all my windows to improve energy efficiency and make it cooler during a few warm summer days here in Seattle. Since I go to Vancouver, BC all the time, I wonder if anyone had issues at the border or in BC because of tinted windows?

From what I've seen, it's illegal in British Columbia to have the windshield or front 2 windows tinted, at all!

This is a pretty stupid law in my opinion, but whatever. I'd like to tint all my windows to improve energy efficiency and make it cooler during a few warm summer days here in Seattle. Since I go to Vancouver, BC all the time, I wonder if anyone had issues at the border or in BC because of tinted windows?

you should be okay . they mainly stop bc plates for tint

Reactions: darxsys
If your vehicle isn’t registered in BC I don’t think this matters.

As long as you are legal in your point of origin (where the vehicle is registered). At least that is how it works in the US for interstate travel. Not sure if Canada is different but may be worth looking into.

...or just roll your windows down.

• Funny
Reactions: darxsys