Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window Tint and % heat rejection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I am checking with 2 installers and below is the information I received for Model X.

Ultimate Ceramic $450 - 2-ply Ceramic film, guaranteed never to fade. Rejects 60% of the heat coming in, and has superior scratch resistance and a beautiful, smoky look. Lifetime warranty. We also tint windshields in this best-quality film at a 70% darkness for an additional $175.

Tint the whole car is $399 that is with PRIME XR, and its $699 with the PRIME XR PLUS. The XR has 88% heat rejection and the XR PLUS has 96% heat rejection.

Now the question is, one person said the highest they have rejects 60% and the other person said 96%. Is there any typo in that? In the 2nd point, it meant to say 96% UV?

Any idea?

Thanks.

Hi,

I am checking with 2 installers and below is the information I received for Model X.

Ultimate Ceramic $450 - 2-ply Ceramic film, guaranteed never to fade. Rejects 60% of the heat coming in, and has superior scratch resistance and a beautiful, smoky look. Lifetime warranty. We also tint windshields in this best-quality film at a 70% darkness for an additional $175.

Tint the whole car is $399 that is with PRIME XR, and its $699 with the PRIME XR PLUS. The XR has 88% heat rejection and the XR PLUS has 96% heat rejection.

Now the question is, one person said the highest they have rejects 60% and the other person said 96%. Is there any typo in that? In the 2nd point, it meant to say 96% UV?

Any idea?

Thanks.

Price is really good! Are you in CA?

That is a surprisingly low price for full tint with full windshield with that film. Not very many installers can tint that windshield due to it's size. Make sure they are doing it in one piece.

We charge $400 just for the windshield alone for the Model X. I've heard of other shops charging upwards $1,000 for tinting just that windshield.

I would double check with them when you drop off your ride.

That is a surprisingly low price for full tint with full windshield with that film. Not very many installers can tint that windshield due to it's size. Make sure they are doing it in one piece.

We charge $400 just for the windshield alone for the Model X. I've heard of other shops charging upwards $1,000 for tinting just that windshield.

I would double check with them when you drop off your ride.

Sure. I got this from the Xpel website locations and he double confirmed this in the email. XPel wrap is little costly, Partial front wrap is around 950 and full front wrap is around 1950. I am not very sure if I can go with both as partial wrap will show the line if the car becomes dirty if we have rain and full front is costly. :( The add on's itself is costing 5k(partial wrap, mats, tint, dash cam, seat ceramic coating, wall charging).