Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window Tint Too Expensive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've taken 3 cars (and plan to take our upcoming MYP) to the same place in Redondo Beach, Fresh Window Tint. ask for Jose the owner if you're interested. TBH, not the cheapest option but they carry quality products and have done awesome work in the past.

my rear including the entire roof is limo/5%. the sides I did 15% and front windshield in 60%. unlike others, I don't really care for the glass roof so in anticipation for the warmer summers, I went as dark as possible with the highest grade, heat rejection.

they got a shop up in sant clarita so imma give them a shot. im in the valley.

Even in los angeles,

mind sharing where you got your tint done?

Having the windshield tinted with crystalline (or equivalent) heat/IR blocking tint is a game changer, although illegal.

I went with 70% on the windshield and 20% sides and back glass. The 20% everywhere else makes the 70% windshield look “untinted”.

Just my 2 cents.

Agreed! The 70% windshield is amazing. Not only for heat blocking but it cuts down on glare from the sun and reflections during the day and headlights at night.

Reactions: DFW_MVP
Hello all! I recently purchased a ‘21 M3P. My question is why is window tint so darn expensive for these cars? I’m getting quotes for $900 & up to tint all the glass except the roof.
I was quoted $1200 for Suntek Ceramic in Camarillo on 5 windows. I went to Concours Auto Spa (Vendor on here) They did all windows including windshield with the same Suntek Ceramic for around half that price. They do TONS of Tesla's so I trusted them and they did a great job.

Reactions: MCM3
These guys in Sherman Oaks did my black/black M3LR this morning -- Glass Tinting | Sherman Oaks, CA | Sunshield Glass Tinting

Tremendous job, very communicative. $600 for 4 windows + rear (didn't do windshield for now). Will post pics in a few days once the film has set and I'm able to give it a wash. Went with 20% windows and 15% rear at the recommendation of the shop.
Bumping with pics updated. Car a bit dusty here in the valley. No bubbles of any kind that I've noticed.

Attachments

• IMG_6052.jpg
    IMG_6052.jpg
    596.6 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_6053.jpg
    IMG_6053.jpg
    617.9 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_6054.jpg
    IMG_6054.jpg
    592 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_6055.jpg
    IMG_6055.jpg
    647.8 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_6056.jpg
    IMG_6056.jpg
    651.2 KB · Views: 273
Even in los angeles, you shouldn't pay more than maybe 500 max for a good quality ceramic tint. All these luxury name brand ceramics don't mean anything except more money out of your pocket. I've been in various cars with overpriced ceramic tints n didn't see or notice any difference between what I've had before n chose to get again on my model Y. Rayno s9. You can do s7 for cheaper but s9 blocks out more heat and it's noticeable. Where i went, they had a display sample with a heat lamp in a box and all 4 sides of the box being glass with different tint brands n the difference in radiating heat between s7 and s9 wasn't night n day but it was noticeable. 4 door windows, windshield and back glass was $500. S7 woulda been $400. $200 more for the roof but i chose not to since my car doesn't sit out in the sun. Being that prices for almost everything have gone up, this cost may have also increased since last march when i got mine done. Also, some places will go the cheap route and install the back glass in 2 pieces since they don't carry large enough film to do it in 1 piece. This is important for some folks which will also alter the cost a bit.
I called Alex Tint and now they want $1250 for s9 all windows include roof. So 2x as much now.