TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

window tint

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ilikebeef, May 16, 2018.

1. Insilin

Insilin Member

[​IMG]

A few places got back to me on prices so I just wanted to update with the best prices I received so far.

• Like x 1
  2. Jctin

Jctin Member

If you are in the west end, i went with Auto Tint express, doing 15% with suntek 5 years warranty in 1 pc for back window $450.0, plus sides

3. FatLam

FatLam Member

#43 FatLam, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    Anyone tried "Tint | Audio Heaven" Or any other recommendation near Richmond Hill / Markham ?

4. x90ca

x90ca Member

I got my 3 tinted at Ray's Auto Salon in Bolton. The pricing is the best I've found yet for a one piece rear and side windows. They use the Xpel XR films.

5. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Tezler Guru

Pretty sure Audio Heaven doesn't want to touch Model 3s. They can't tint the rear glass in one piece and I believe have told customers they can't offer tint services for the 3.

6. Electromanic

Electromanic Member

7. Insilin

Insilin Member

I went with Inception Auto Detailing, really wanted a good quality tint like Xpel.

There was a few minor issues with the installation with dust which they addressed for the most part. For the price I can’t complain too much.

8. Ludatik

Ludatik Member

What was the price?

9. x90ca

x90ca Member

$350

• Helpful x 1
  10. FatLam

FatLam Member

Any issue needed to be reworked ? How long they took to finish the job ? Great if you can post some pictures?

11. FatLam

FatLam Member

Anyone tinted the windshield too ? Inception Auto asked for $150 more to tint the windshield with 70% film. Is it worth or not ?

12. Ludatik

Ludatik Member

I'd like to tint the windshield but everything I've read recently says that you're not allowed to. I've also read max 70% on the front side windows. Perhaps this is a grey area up to officer's discretion.

13. TrevTremaine

TrevTremaine Member

I had the front windshield done on my S. I was advised (prior to install/consent) about water getting into the dash during the install. Precautions were taken as best as possible with wicking rope at the front of the dash. No post-install issues in my case. Does it make a difference? Absolutely. Heat in the summer is now a non-issue - the a/c doesn't run nearly as hard and I can really tell the difference. Went with Photosync.

• Informative x 1