Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

window tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
are you getting just the back window tinted or also the sunroof all in one piece? I just contacted someone from Get Detailed and they said they don't tint those windows "because the installers advise against it"

I am getting the back window tinted only (no sunroof). The back window is 1 piece film until it reaches the sunroof. Most
tesla model 3 owners are doing it this way. I don't think anyone is tinting the sunroof.

• Helpful
Reactions: ilikebeef
I am getting my tint done with Hamza at Get Detailed in Thornhill. They do PPF and ceramic coatings as well.
35% all around, 70% front windshield. Back window is 1 piece. I chose Xpel prime xr window film.
Can't wait to get the Silver Surfer back this week!

Post pictures when ur done. Can't decide if I want 35 or 20 for the sides... I'm thinking since the roof is glass, rear window 35%. 35 on the side might seem very light.. And 20 not as dark.

Got a quote for Auto-links, they say $650 + HST for sides and rear window in one piece. Anyone find another better than this?
Touch of Tint in Mississauga quoted me $500 + HST for sides and rear window in one piece with XPEL Prime XR

SRS Tinting who I also spoke to quoted $350 + HST for sides & rear, but could not do the rear window in one piece. Told me it was impossible :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: yyzunderdog
Yeah, I called Touch of Tint and he quoted me the same.

I'm leaning towards AutoLinks because I really want the car to be tinted closer to 30% which they carry. Touch of Tint only carried 20%(too dark) or 35% (too light for me).

Just scheduled with Elevated Auto Tint, and mentioned this group buy
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/elevated-auto-tint-ppf-group-buy-2185410/
Came out to be $515 + HST for 30% all around and full rear window

Last edited:
Actually after comparing the specs I ended up cancelling the appointment. I'll get one last quote from Evenlyn Protective Films and make my final decision then. They use the best film on the market based on specs.

28mmnmo.png

Made a comparison of different specs. This is all around the 30% which is what I'm looking for.

Last edited:
Reactions: johndorian
So it seems like they're offering a group buy. I didn't really read the email to throughly yesterday.

Email:

We are currently offering the following as a "group buy" for new Tesla owners:

XPEL PRIME X/R Series Window Tint Application on select areas listed below ($399):

- Front Windows
- Rear Windows
- Rear Tailgate Window*

XPEL PRIME X/R Series Window Tint Application on select areas listed below ($649):

- Front Windows
- Rear Windows
- Rear Tailgate Window*
- Front Windshield
- Front Sunroof

Website: www.inceptionautodetailing.com | Email: [email protected] | Phone: 416-900-7904

Touch of Tint in Mississauga quoted me $500 + HST for sides and rear window in one piece with XPEL Prime XR

SRS Tinting who I also spoke to quoted $350 + HST for sides & rear, but could not do the rear window in one piece. Told me it was impossible :rolleyes:

Touch of Tint wanted another $250 to do the windshield for anyone looking at them. I would've shopped around more but they were so close to my house and I want it done. Victim of my own impatience.