Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window tinter in Boston area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used Wheel Dynamix in Natick as did numerous other local owners. In fact I had Jeff (the owner) order me a roll of 3M Crystalline 50 to put on my car, and he's still storing enough for side windows and trunk on one car, and trunk only on another. I was holding it for another MS owner who decided not to tint in the end. Here's a link to the previous discussions: Window tinter in Boston area? - Page 2

Robert, maybe this is another thread to merge with that one.

I had my P85 window tinting done last week at Tint King in Bellerica-this is the 3rd Tesla they have done. Did a lot of research regarding best film in terms of value and decided to go with the Formula One Pinacle 40% tint which is very close to the protection of the Crystalline and does not have the purpleish hue for the rear window. Needed the tint due to the rear seats. Cost was $400 and Brian and Randy did a great job. I drove right and four people attacked the car-45 minutes later it was all done. Highly recommended.

I just did exactly the same a week ago at Tint King, same price. They were busy on a Saturday so took longer but I only called that morning! Absolutely perfect job and the kids are now okay with riding in the back again in the sun. So another recommendation for Tint King: Automotive Glass Window Film Tinting Services in Boston Area | Tint King

Exhuming this old thread. I'm interested in getting our side windows done to cut down on solar gain, my left arm gets too hot! Any current thoughts on materials and installers, preferably north of Boston?

I was very happy with Jeff's work and continue to hear good things about Wheel Dynamix. He still has my 3M Crystalline 50 roll so I'm going to have him redo one rear window of my S that was scratched by skis in the car, before transferring the car in a private party sale.

PM me if you're interested in the reamsibdee of the tint roll at a very low price.

So I finally got my side windows tinted with the remainder of PeterK's 3M Crystalline 50 roll at Wheel Dynamix. First those guys were great and did an excellent job.

From the outside the windows are definitely darker, although not crazy at all. You can still see into the car, it's just a bit darker. I was concerned about how dark it would be, but this is fine for me. From the inside, it's not at all obvious, even knowing it's there. Overall, I'm quite happy with it.

Reactions: PeterK and EdA