TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Window Tinting Ceramic in the Bay Area

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by jasonsf, Oct 4, 2019.

1. jasonsf

jasonsf Member

I'm looking to have the M3 tinted, entire care and came across Mr. Tint in Santa Clara. They quoted me $925 for Xpel Prime XR+ for four windows and rear windshield (one piece that goes until the window ends). So that leaves 2 glass panels that aren't tinted, the "sunroof" panel and the windshield. I spent a bit of time talking about the different ceramic tints and I feel it's so hot inside and have to turn the AC full blast constantly. Adding those two panels would be 325-375 each, I don't remember the exact number they quoted.

Compromise: Get Solargard Vortex IR for the four doors and rear and sunroof, and using Xpel Prime XR+ for the front windshield since that's where the sun beats down directly, the most.

What do you guys think? And the final price was 1300-1400. It sounds insane to spend that much for window tinting, but I've seen a few youtube vids and it's not that far off from the quoted prices for ceramic tint.

Thanks.

2. sweetrugger

sweetrugger Member

Don't have much to comment on, other than to say that the sun beats down directly on the windshield only when you're driving into the sun, right? I still think windshield is worth it though.

3. 30seconds

30seconds Active Member

I'd call Graphix Lab in South San Francisco.

• Like x 1
  4. jasonsf

jasonsf Member

Thanks for the recco, I will give them a call and see what they say.